Vintage themed wedding decor seems to be the trend for this wedding season, either leaning towards the rustic or shabby chic. Birdcages, chalkboard hearts, baby trophies, vintage books, typewriters and suitcases are a few of the main items you can use to tap into your vintage inspired look on your wedding day.
You can complete the look with porcelain teacups and old style jugs for a quaint style or rusted planters for a relaxed country vibe. The main things to remember is that, even though less is more, don’t be afraid to mix and match your items.
Some ideas for the vintage items:
- Birdcages are great for housing your money envelopes or as a focal point at the cake or dessert table. You can use slightly smaller birdcages for your centrepieces too.
- Chalkboard hearts make fabulous table numbers and bigger hearts work well for writing “wedding this way” or any other message you wish to communicate to your guests.
- Teacups can be used to house table numbers (together with a pretty rose or shrub). They also look magnificent on a stack of vintage books, which works well for centrepieces or as props at the gift or dessert table.
- Vintage suitcases can be used in a myriad of ways: as props, to house cards and gifts, favours, wedding programme or confetti.
- Typewriters make great props for your guestbook table too.
Photo credits: www.moidecor.co.za
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
I love all things pretty – perhaps it’s got to do with being born under the planet Venus. They say true Librans need to be surrounded by lovilee things. I’m intrigued by what makes decor, food and people and believe that as long as you can dream it, you can do it too. -