Peg & Thread is an unique company that supplies beautiful hand-made crafts, fabrics and bits ‘n bobs to people who love to sew and knit. No need to have special skills! They have an online shop that is user friendly and provides all the information on the kits or products.
The company was born in November 2010 – the brainchild of Nicola Reardon. After 10 years in the corporate world, she decided to open her own business. She has always had a passion for beautiful fabrics and crafting and, being a full time mom of three, saw an opportunity to create a range of unique products that would appeal to both children and adults.
An exciting partnership was born when the chance to work with a close friend, Svelka Sharp came about. She assisted with the quality and design of the products, that was greatly beneficial to the fledgling business. Svelka brought to the partnership 14 years of experience in advertising and design. She was given the task of working on the corporate identity of Peg & Thread with Nicola, and together they spent hours creating, changing and printing, until the final design for the company was developed.
There are sewing kits available for children that will keep them busy constructively and of which they will cherish the finished product. We especially love the Petite Poupèe that are suitable for kids, 6 years and older. It contains everything needed to make a “little person”. There are many more kits available, such as Rudolph the Reindeer – get the kids to make special Christamas decorations before the season is upon us!
Peg and Thread kindly offered a Petite Poupee and Rudolph the Reindeer kit to be given away! See entry details below.
In order to stand a chance to win one of the two kits:
- ‘like’ Peg and Thread’s facebook page.
- Leave a comment on this article (at the bottom or on Lovilee’s facebook page), telling us which one of the special kits you’d prefer.
- You will receive an additional entry for each time you “share” the competition on facebook, that results in a “like” for Peg and Thread.
- The competition closes at midnight on Wednesday, 18 July 2012, South African time.
- The winner will be the person with the most “Likes” to his/her comments and who generated the most “Likes” on the Peg and Thread Facebook page.
- The winner will be announced on Lovilee’s facebook page on Friday, 20 July 2012.
- The prize is not transferrable for cash.
- A South African postal address will have to be provided for us to send the prize to.
- Regrettably, only people residing in South Africa will be eligible for the prize.
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
I am a creative at heart who loves being surrounded by lovilee things. I am a wife, a mom and an on-line shopping addict that loves the colour purple. I believe that you should do what you love and love what you do! -