Second Treasures was the answer of a prayer and has grown into something much bigger than what Christi-Sue Strydom could ever have hoped for. With a little love and tender care, and green-conscious refurbishing Second Treasures brings to life Eco-Chic decor.
A local upliftment initiative rose from the growth of Second Treasures, which now supports a handful of local geniuses. Goodman their wood guy, Richard their Fixer-upper, Jenny their crafter and 3 Wire Super stars collaborate to create funky junk a reality! They are all amazingly creative and eager to learn from any new projects on the go!
In her own words, about this treasure in Empangeni, Kwazulu-Natal:
Two years ago, when I was pregnant with my third little girl, I was extremely anxious about how I was going to help provide for my little brood without having to depend on my husband financially. I prayed about this, asking to be able to bring in a little more to help sustain our growing family.
Then one day, while at work, I picked up a small piece of old skirting board, wrote ‘Live, laugh, love’ on it and gave it to a friend as a gift. Before I even went into hospital the order started flowing in. I finished the last order the night before my Caesarian and when I returned home a day later there were more orders waiting – people now wanted Christmas gifts!
By January 2010 I had started selling my wares from my dining room table and my March I had a thriving little online business and was opening my ‘shop’ once a month to the locals in my town. I opened Second Treasures Wholesale Decor full time in February 2011.
- ‘like’ Second Treasures Eco-Chic Decor & Furniture Facebook page.
- Leave a comment on THEIR facebook page, with the color and words you’d like for the signs.
- The competition closes at midnight on Wednesday, 10 October 2012, South African time.
- The winner will be determined by means of a lucky draw.
- The winner will be announced on Lovilee’s facebook page on Friday, 12 October 2012.
- The prize is not transferrable for cash.
- A South African postal address will have to be provided for us to send the prize to.
- Regrettably, only people residing in South Africa will be eligible for the prize.
- Director’s, members, partners, employee’s, consultants, promoters directly or indirectly involved may not win the prize.
- Suppliers of the goods may not win the prize.
Christi-Sue 083 527 2478
44 Dunne Road, Empangeni
Facebook page: Second Treasures Eco-Chic Decor & Furniture
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
If it is different, made with love and contains Italian parsley or rosemary, I love it! I'm inspired by my daughter, born Sept 2010, a good latte served with a pretty piece of cake or even better: a carrot and cream cheese-centered muffin. I live by the motto "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day". May you be inspired to live a lovilee life! -