Second Treasures was the answer of a prayer and has grown into something much bigger than what Christi-Sue Strydom could ever have hoped for. With a little love and tender care, and green-conscious refurbishing Second Treasures brings to life Eco-Chic decor.
A local upliftment initiative rose from the growth of Second Treasures, which now supports a handful of local geniuses. Goodman their wood guy, Richard their Fixer-upper, Jenny their crafter and 3 Wire Super stars collaborate to create funky junk a reality! They are all amazingly creative and eager to learn from any new projects on the go!
In her own words, about this treasure in Empangeni, Kwazulu-Natal:
Two years ago, when I was pregnant with my third little girl, I was extremely anxious about how I was going to help provide for my little brood without having to depend on my husband financially. I prayed about this, asking to be able to bring in a little more to help sustain our growing family.
Then one day, while at work, I picked up a small piece of old skirting board, wrote ‘Live, laugh, love’ on it and gave it to a friend as a gift. Before I even went into hospital the order started flowing in. I finished the last order the night before my Caesarian and when I returned home a day later there were more orders waiting – people now wanted Christmas gifts!
By January 2010 I had started selling my wares from my dining room table and my March I had a thriving little online business and was opening my ‘shop’ once a month to the locals in my town. I opened Second Treasures Wholesale Decor full time in February 2011.
- ‘like’ Second Treasures Eco-Chic Decor & Furniture Facebook page.
- Leave a comment on THEIR facebook page, with the color and words you’d like for the signs.
- The competition closes at midnight on Wednesday, 10 October 2012, South African time.
- The winner will be determined by means of a lucky draw.
- The winner will be announced on Lovilee’s facebook page on Friday, 12 October 2012.
- The prize is not transferrable for cash.
- A South African postal address will have to be provided for us to send the prize to.
- Regrettably, only people residing in South Africa will be eligible for the prize.
- Director’s, members, partners, employee’s, consultants, promoters directly or indirectly involved may not win the prize.
- Suppliers of the goods may not win the prize.
Christi-Sue 083 527 2478
44 Dunne Road, Empangeni
Facebook page: Second Treasures Eco-Chic Decor & Furniture
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
I am a creative at heart who loves being surrounded by lovilee things. I am a wife, a mom and an on-line shopping addict that loves the colour purple. I believe that you should do what you love and love what you do! -