My daughter just turned 2 and I wanted to choose a versatile, yet fun theme for her party that wasn’t related to a character. Here are some of the themes and kids party ideas I considered before finally setting on the theme.
At first, I considered a butterfly themed party, but then saw a photo of a worm cake and wanted to do caterpillars and butterflies – as my little caterpillar is now a gorgeous butterfly.
Catch my party is a great site for ideas with loads of clever ideas, such as the Hungry Caterpillar parties.
Then, Jacky – a guest blogger – suggested a bug party and I fell in love with the idea the more we chatted and came up with ideas. Like this garden party from the Hostess with the mostess or the bug garden themed party from the Chicabug blog.
As for food there are many options to consider such as sandwiches, mini pizzas, meat balls, chicken nuggets, sausage rolls, fish fingers, fruit jellies and fruit skewers.
I like buying practical gifts and to be brutally honest: if it has a battery, I prefer to overlook it. Here are some gift ideas I found that I like.
- Puzzles, from 8 pieces and more. Should they not be able to build a puzzle with more than 20 pieces – they sure will in the next year.
- Balls – need I say more? All shapes, color and sizes
- Building Blocks – from Duplo to Lego and more
- Kiddies sized household equipment. From cleaning, kitchen and tool sets, there are plenty to choose from. This makes the child feel special as they can ‘assist’ with household chores. Woolworths has a real cute cleaning set from their Early Learning Range.
- Art supplies. This includes finger paint, sand art and play dough to name a few. Visit The Toy Box for some affordable, great ideas.
Thumbnail credit: Hostess with the mostess
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
I am a creative at heart who loves being surrounded by lovilee things. I am a wife, a mom and an on-line shopping addict that loves the colour purple. I believe that you should do what you love and love what you do! -