My Friend Lily, an on-line children’s’ boutique launched just over a year ago. Owner, Michele Yazbek, started thinking about setting up her own business whilst pregnant with her little girl. During her pregnancy she spent a good deal of time searching the net for baby clothes and bedroom decor not just to purchase but also ideas and inspiration which she had simply found lacking in some of the local stores.
Michele got the ball rolling when her cousin and his partner were visiting from Scotland 18 months after Lily’s birth and introduced her to Powell Craft and the gorgeous goodies which they’d brought out for Lily.
Her daughter Lily. Being an older mom and Lily an only child, she wanted to enjoy and spend as much time with her as possible. Setting up her own business afforded her the opportunity to work from home and the flexibility to spend
quality time with her.
” I happen to love beautiful things. I’ve always enjoyed fashion, my biggest thrill being the latest Vogue or Harpers Bazaar, but since having Lily, my focus has shifted somewhat. Now it’s all about gorgeous home wear, the cover of a book, a beautifully decorated birthday party table or a bunch of flowers. I err towards the classic and am inspired by the books and clothes of my own childhood in the 60′s and even that of my parent’s in the 40′s.” – Michele
My Friend Lily carries a growing range of children’s clothing, toys and nursery accessories. Currently available online:
- A small range of classic baby wear from Phoebe & Floyd.
- A gorgeous range of dresses for girls and classic style sleepwear for boys and girls from UK label Powell Craft.
- A luxury range of sleepwear for boys and girls from Cape Town company, Tesora Kids.
- Essential baby accessories from bibs to blankets from Nocturnal Affair, all complementing their range of embroidered 100% cotton percale cot linen.
- Quality cot duvet and pillow inners. Duvet inners available in both Summer Weight and the slightly heavier Unicurl – the latter has a downproof casing filled with fibre puff balls giving the weight and feel of a real down duvet but anti-allergenic.
- Soft toys from Cape Town based Small-Talk. These handmade toys have no buttons and beads and therefore suitable for children of all ages, from newborn.
- A delightful range of toys from the Groenfontein Toy Project, a community upliftment
initiative in the Klein Karoo.
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
I am a creative at heart who loves being surrounded by lovilee things. I am a wife, a mom and an on-line shopping addict that loves the colour purple. I believe that you should do what you love and love what you do! -