Choosing your wedding colours can be a daunting task, getting the groom to be to agree might even prove harder. Choosing a color palette for your wedding is one of the most important decisions you’ll make while planning your big day. We found this fun questionnaire: What Color Palette Should You Choose for Your Wedding? on the Marthastewartweddings.com site, why not give it a try?
The following palette is a sneak peak of a wedding that we will feature next week. The colours tied up so well with the bohemian theme that the couple used… Can’t wait to share the rest of the shoot with you, photographed by IZ Labuschagne Photography.
WikiHow? also provides 9 steps to choose the colour for your wedding:
- Start by choosing your favourite shades or hues
- Consider the setting and the venue
- Be prepared to have two different/distinct color themes if your church or wedding building and reception venue are very different in tone.
- Enlist your favourite flowers
- Consider the season
- What will the bridesmaids be wearing?
- Consult the groom
- Try not to use more than 5 main colours
- Use colour with care
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
I am a creative at heart, who likes being surrounded by pretty things. My new house was the main inspiration for Lovilee, finding time to prettify, paint and ponder about change. Coffee, lavender, numbers, the color purple and my jeans inspire me. I believe that you should do what you love and love what you do! -