Zoku is a very unique product – I think it should be the new buzz word for ice pops, fruit pops, yogurt pops or any other kind of frozen lolly!
I’ve wanted a Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker since I first saw it on Yuppiechef, but was a bit sceptical to be honest. They stated that this device was able to make ice pops in as little as seven minutes, on your kitchen top, without electricity! So how does it owrk? I don’t know =) You place the unit in the freezer for 24 hours and thereafter you are ready to Pop! After 3 batches (that is 9 pops in the trio unit), you simply place it back in the freezer for another 24 hours and then the fun continues.
Zoku’s importer for South Africa recently supplied lovilee with a tester unit and kit so that we can try it out ouselves and tell you lovilees about! I was genuinely surprised and excited beyond words…like a child opening a long awaited gift, I immediately placed the unit in the fridge and was it a long 24 hours!
After the unit was ready, I started playing around with fruit lollies at first, then with fruit pieces and then -a firm favorite of my husband- vanilla yoghurt centred berry fruit lollies. This is such an easy, yet sophisticated dessert to wow guests with – I do! They are all amazed.
What I love about the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker
- It’s quick and easy to get started (after reading the simple instructions!)
- Watching and anticipating to see and taste your creation is very exciting
- No more overnight waiting for something you have created – in 7 minutes, it is ready to be enjoyed
- You know what the ingredients are of your Pop – no preservatives or funny things, it is all in your control
- There is never a dull moment – there are thousands of ideas and receipes, I’m dreaming of a tiramisu pop…mmmm…!
- The reaction of guests watching you prepare pops, and having it ready in such a short time, is priceless!
- With a toddler wanting a yum-yum (often!), I can offer her a different treat every time round that is healthy and perfect for our warm climate, without having to wait ages or having to prepare it well in advance.
What I don’t love about the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker
Hmm, had to think about this, but there is truly nothing we don’t like about it!
I have tried various recipes and my opinion is that the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker is not a gimmic neither a white elephant. It is a no-effort item, can be used forever (literally!) and you can let your imagination run wild! Over the next few weeks we will be sharing some of our favourite Zoku recipes and photos of the lollies that we have either created or tried ourselves. So stay tuned!
Where can you purchase your own Zoku products?
Yuppiechef, Boardmans (South Africa) or contact The Golden Surgeon (importers of the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker and accessories) at email@example.com for more information. You can also visit the official Zoku website and blog for more yummy ideas and inspiration!
Photo credits: Zoku
Make sure that you don't miss out on any lovilee posts by opting to get them via email. Click here to sign up.
about the author
If it is different, made with love and contains Italian parsley or rosemary, I love it! I'm inspired by my daughter, born Sept 2010, a good latte served with a pretty piece of cake or even better: a carrot and cream cheese-centered muffin. I live by the motto "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day". May you be inspired to live a lovilee life! -