We share a lovilee Christmas recipe with you today – Mince Pies! I am just crazy about them, and they are on my everyday shopping list at Christmas time. Lauren Kim provided us with the recipe and lovilee images.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g Cold Butter
- 20g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Bottle of Mince Meat
- Place all the ingredients (except the egg) into a blender and pulverise it till it forms breadcrumbs.
- Then add the egg and mix it all together to form a dough.
- Wrap with cling-wrap and place in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll the dough out onto a floured surface to prevent it from sticking to the surface (I cover my surface with wax paper – makes it easy to clean and less sticky). The dough should be 3mm thick.
- Cut round disks in the dough with a cookie cutter and gently place in a GREASED muffin/cuptake tin – make sure the tin is greased.
- Fill the dough lined cups with a large teaspoon of mince meat.
- Roll out the dough like before and cut out a lid for the pie – a heart, star or Christmas tree. The shapes allow the heat to escape, if you would like a full circular lid make sure you prick the lid with a fork to allow the steam out while cooking. Place the lid on the top of the pie.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 160 degrees or until golden brown.
- Let cool and dust with icing sugar and share with loved ones.