This winter is seriously chilly, why not try beating the cold with these scrumptious biltong and cheese muffins. You can easily prepare and make a batch in under half an hour to spoil some guests or just yourself.
Biltong and Cheese muffins recipe
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 Cup of Full cream plain yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk
- 100g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 100g Biltong “Powder”
- 1/4 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 50g Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the yoghurt, eggs and buttermilk together in a large bowl.
- Add the biltong and grated cheese and mix well.
- Add the seeds and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes (you will notice the mixture will thicken).
- Spoon the mixture into a greased/lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown.
Serve these delicious snacks with some cream cheese or butter. The are also great as a lunch box snack for the little ones.
See more delicious recipes that I posted before in this link.