A subject that always comes up when planning a wedding, is the guest favours – the little gifts we give our wedding guests to show our appreciation for celebrating this special day with us. Of course, you want a gift that is useful, memorable and personal but also budget friendly. The lovely Lara from Bloom Floristry and The Plant Trader came up with the idea of DIY Carnivore plant favours and we at Lieflingkind Design jumped right on board with some free wedding favour printables, while Elmarie from Prentjiemooi Photography was kind enough to take these gorgeous photos for us.
Not only are these Carnivore plants interesting to look at, they’re also really a pretty unique and memorable idea and can be packaged for either a formal or a more laid-back or rustic reception style. The tags are a great way to multi-task table placement & a thank you note – simply write the name of your guest of the front of the tag & your names on the back under “with love”. We’ve created two options with a black & gold variation of each to ensure that they’ll look perfect on almost any wedding table.
You will need
- Plants of your choice (carnivorous plants available from Bloom)
- Pots for your plants
- Tags, printed out back-to-front on harder Kraft or white paper
- Art knife, stainless steel ruler & cutting board
- Ribbon, string or bakers twine to attach tags to pots
- Golden eyelets
- Hole punch
- Pliers to fasten the eyelets
Download all of the Free wedding favour printables in this link.
To make the tags
- Line up your ruler along the crop marks of the tags & cut using your art knife & cutting board. Be sure not to cut too far past the crop mark. Do this on all four sides.
- Punch a hole into the top of the tag.
- Insert an eyelet & use the pliers to fasten it to the tag.
- Lastly, write the name of your guest on the front of the tag & sign your names at the back.
- Plant your plant into the pot of your choice, making sure not to fill it with too much sand (so that it doesn’t spill).
- If you don’t want to spend a lot on pots, wrap the planter with brown paper & tie with bakers twine.
- Use the string or ribbon of your choice to attach the tag to the pot & place them at the appropriate table settings.