Today I share my gran’s baked muesli recipe with you. Doesn’t granny’s just make the best food and treats ever? It is something I used to make often, but have not had the chance to do it for a while. I decided to do a post on it to give you a taste of this bit of yumminess and have been enjoying bowls and bowls of this muesli every morning – no need to search for breakfast ideas – Sorted!
Baked muesli recipe
- 500ml Raw Oats
- 95ml Coconut
- 250ml Weet-Bix
- 125ml Bran
- 100ml Sunflower oil
- 50-100ml honey (dependant on your taste)
- 250ml dried fruit (optional – I used some dates that were cut finely)
- 200ml nuts or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (except for the nuts, sunflower seeds and dried fruit that you will add afterwards)
- Spread the ingredients on a flat baking tray and place it in the oven
- Bake the mixture at 140 Degrees Celcius until well browned and slightly crispy (approximately 1 hour)
- Stir the mixture ever 10 minutes to ensure that it does not burn
- Remove from the oven when ready and let it coll down. When cooled you can add the rest of the ingredients mentioned in step 1.
- Store the muesli in an air-tight container.
What I love about this muesli recipe is that you can play around to create your own variations of the baked muesli by adding different kinds of dried fruit like mango, banana or apple as well as a variation of nuts. It is also a great idea to add some of the muesli to the smoothie bowl that we shared before.