If you are anywhere close to Johannesburg or Pretoria this weekend I can strongly recommend a visit to Decorex Joburg that is on till this Sunday, 13 Aug 2017, at Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand. I visited the expo on Wednesday and there is just so much lovilee to find.
100% Design SA is happening alongside Decorex in Hall 1. 100% Design South Africa is the largest curated exhibition platform for sourcing high-end contemporary design in Africa so there is literally plenty inspiration to be found.
It will take you at least 3-4 hours to walk through all the stalls, so make sure that you have ample time. There is also refreshments in all of the halls to keep you going and the most gorgeous MILK lounge in hall 5.
As part of my 5thingsFridays that I launched I share my 5 favourite finds at Decorex Joburg 2017
1. Caesarstone’s New Rugged Concrete 4033 tops are totally beautiful. I am in love with the unpolished look and feel of the quartz and the ‘perfect’ imperfections in the design. I previously saw an example of this new quartz but the small example piece just did not do it justice. You HAVE to see this in real life. I found this video on their website to entice you.
2. Hide boots from Zulu-hides were so great to look at. They were so unique, each pair with its own personality. Nguni hide on the outside and sheep wool on the inside. Loved them!
3. The new colab range by Skinny laMinx and Mr Price Home is another strong favourite. Skinny laMinx needs no introduction. I have been following this ladies’ work since before starting lovilee seven years ago and have always wanted to visit her retail store in Cape Town. She specially created a range of outdoor dining, stationary, bedding and some furniture pieces that will hit the Mr Price stores next week. I definitely want to get my hands on some of the bedding, the patterns and colours – everything tickles my fancy. View the promo video here.
Just to brag… I GOT TO MEET HEATHER (the master creative mind behind the Skinny brand) at the Mr Price stall! There is even a photo to prove this on the Mr Price Instagram page. The Mr Price stall itself is totally magical, complete with a suspended bed, Moroccan style windows and pretty items from their stores.
4. Plascon‘s new rooibos paint colour. I love it when local is celebrated in true style. This new colour, names after a well knows South African tea, resembles the colour of the tea and the stand was set up beautifully. There was a floral wall installation with some test tubes and all. Totally swoonworthy. Image below via Pinterst on Plascons’ website here.
5. LIG – furniture etc’s furniture. I just loved the raw look of Lig furniture’s products. I have been following them for some time on-line but love the way that they decided to only take a curated collection of their Series 1 products to Decorex to give the stand a cohesive feel. They even have an upside down table suspended from the ceiling!
Details of Decorex Joburg 2017
Tickets: Adults: R120, Students / Pensioners: R100, Kids under 12: R20, All onsite registrations will be at a charge of R100.
Hours: 9 – 13 August 2017, 10h00 – 18h00