I am so excited to share this Magical Pastel and Rose Gold Unicorn Party Inspiration with you. Marlize is a lady who knows how to throw a party, she recently threw a magical unicorn party for her daughter, Luca. The party was stunning with all the decor in a pastel and rose gold palette. Choosing a party theme was pretty easy as Luca wanted a party that was both magical and beautiful. What is more magical than a unicorn party?! All the images on the day were taken by Dominique from Hello Love Photography who also took photos of manny’s Hot wheels party earlier this year.
Unicorn party inspiration
The Unicorn party inspiration came from the stunning cardboard unicorn head Marlize found on-line on Cardboard Safari. She looked everywhere to source one locally but ended up at Head on Designs who designed a unicorn head for the candy table backdrop.
DIY details and tips on how to achieve the look
A striking backdrop is a MUST for a party! The top details you won’t want to miss from this irresistible birthday soiree include
- Unicorn Party backdrop – Use pom poms to make clouds and add tassels and colorful fringe garlands. The focal point of the party area was the DIY Rainbow Wall, complete with clouds, and a beautiful laser cut unicorn head. Yarn, Tulle and tissue paper pom poms to create the rainbow.
- Unicorn Favor Boxes – Pretty with the lil paper flowers, rose gold horn and sleepy lashes… In each party box there was a twisted sucker, unicorn key ring, bath salt and fairy dust.
- Unicorn candy jar – Send your friends off with gum ball candies. Pick up a few plastic unicorn toys, spray paint them rose gold then glue each one to a lid of the bottle, for a favor that’ll decorate their shelf or tabletop long after your unicorn bash.
- Unicorn Headbands – see the how to instructions below
- Magical ribbon Wands
- Unicorn Photo Props
- Custom Unicorn Party Sign – added a special, personalized touch to the display.
How to make a Unicorn headbands?
- Cut a triangle from fabric of your choice and sew it to closed. Fill it with wadding.
- With needle and thread, close the horn with small hand-stitches on the bottom.
- With a thicker yarn decorate the horn. Holding the thread from the bottom and start wrapping it in an spiral. Again ending it off with small stitches to keep the thread in place.
Marlize has been styling birthday parties and events, ever since her daughter’s 1st birthday party. She realized that the need for personalized, authentic creations and styling were needed and so Marlize-G was born!
She loves creating ‘out of the box’ parties and events for every day celebrations with amazing attention to detail and a unique sense of style. For now all her attention is centered around her daughter and spending time with her whilst she finishes pre-primary school. Once she is settled in at primary school she will be able to take on more projects (she currently tries not to focus on more than one event per month). But her dream of becoming a full time event stylist is within her reach!
Other lovilees that made the day possible included
Concept & Styling: Marlize-G or 0827709729
Unicorn Party Invites: Brood & Botter Creative Design
Unicorn Cake & Desserts: Sweetly Detailed
Pretty white Ruffle Tablecloth: Natures Design (Durban)
Unicorn Kids Stool & Doll: Fox & Moon
Lilac Marble Balloons & We heart Pink Candles: The Party Camel
Unicorn toppers and standing cut outs – Axle Art Laser 0737139437
Unicorn Pinatas: Superbalist