Donuts all all over the web at the moment, with donut parties and donut decorations totally on trend. This fun paper craft donuts garland is bound to add some whimsy and fun to any kids party or special occasion. The paper donuts are super easy to make and can also be used as gift tags. Have fun with your colour scheme and decorations (as if they were the real edible type).
What you will need to make the donuts garland
- Cardboard (Paper is too thin and flimsy) of many colours
- A pair of scissors
- Paper glue
- A pencil
- A circle stencil, compass or a glass that you can use as a stencil
- Glitter (optional)
Step by step instructions
- Using a glass, circle stencil or compass draw circles onto the base colour cardboard.
- Cut the circles out.
- On the icing coloured board – draw a circle on the reverse side of the paper. Cut the circle out in a squiggle manner to mimic icing.
- Stick the icing onto the base circle. Cut a smaller circle out of the base coloured board and stick in the middle to replicate the donut hole.
- Stick confetti and glitter onto the icing.
- Punch holes in the top of the donut or peg them onto a piece of twine to make the garland. You can write on the back of the donuts as a gift tag.
If you are keen to try making your own donuts we shared a recipe on how to make and decorate mini donuts.
All of the images and styling by Lauren Kim Photography.