Discover the Lovilee Blog, an acclaimed WordPress blog, recognized for its excellence in DIY ideas, free printables, home decor inspiration, and captivating party themes. Dive into a world of creativity, where we aim to spark your imagination and provide valuable insights into enhancing your lifestyle. The blog is the creative outlet of Creative, Karen Kelly (kaRi), wifey and mommy by day and creative blogger by night, based in South Africa. – A Hub for DIY, Interiors, Decor, and More!
Some of the Lovilee Content shared include
- DIY Ideas | Unleash your inner creativity with our DIY projects. From easy-to-follow tutorials to innovative crafting ideas, Lovilee is your go-to source for hands-on inspiration.
- Home Decor Ideas | Transform your living spaces with our curated collection of home decor tips and trends. Whether you’re seeking style advice, color schemes, or room makeovers, we’ve got you covered.
- Free Printables | Access a treasure trove of free printables, perfect for adding a personal touch to your projects and events. From invitations to decor elements, our printables are designed to make your life easier.
- Party Themes | Elevate your celebrations with our party theme ideas. From birthdays to special occasions, Lovilee offers creative concepts that will leave your guests in awe.
- Lifestyle Section: Explore our lifestyle section for a diverse range of content. From travel recommendations to personal insights, we aim to enrich your life with engaging articles.
Meet Karen Kelly (kaRi)
I am a creative at heart that loves pretty things and sharing pretty things with others. Even thought I have a BSc in Mathematical Sciences from RAU (now UJ) and a background working in corporate, I have always loved to create. I am so privileged to be able to run lovilee and share what interests me with others. I believe that if you do what you love you will love what you do!
I had been contemplating starting a blog for a while before actually taking the leap. I was looking for a creative outlet where I could inspire others and share my ideas and finds with others. My own wedding involved lots of DIY’ing and our new home was a blank canvas for my decor ideas – The lovilee blog became a place where I shared these ideas and later the projects.
I’ve had so many great experiences in my blogging career and have met even more lovilees! I have a great family, friends, a team of guest bloggers and photographers that support me and make lovilee happen, without them I would not have come where I am today!
Thank you so much for sharing in my dreams! I invite you to become a part of our ever-growing community of creative enthusiasts.
Collaborate with me
I am taking a small break, keep checking to see availability in future. You can also follow me on Instagram.
Share the love and add a badge to your site
Download a pretty badge for your website of blog.
- 2nd place in the Best Arts & Crafts Blog section of the 2018 SA Blog Awards‘
- The lovilee blog was awarded the title of ‘Top Wedding Blog 2015 (Peers choice)’ at the TopVendor Wedding Awards.
- Awarded ‘Best Lifestyle Blog 2015’ at the African Blogger Awards.
- Lovilee was awarded the title of ‘Top Wedding Blog 2014 (Overall)’ at the TopVendor Wedding Awards.
- Finalist in the Wedding Friends Styled shoots 2014.
I am so proud of my blog and press features and wanted to share some with you. Here are just some of the mentions that we have had in print and on-line publications.
- Interviewed by Homemakers magazine for their February 2021 online edition.
- Dulux DIY with Karen Kelly: Outdoor Wall Paint Refresh with Weatherguard
- Dulux DIY with Karen Kelly: Garage door refresh with Woodgard.
- Dulux DIY with Karen Kelly: Inspiration made easy with Roller Testers.
- Dulux DIY with Karen Kelly: Toddler Bedroom Makeover
- Guest post on the Decorex blog – DIY valentines origami hearts
- 25 years of Excellence at Decorex Joburg
- ISCA Bathroom trends for Decorex Cape Town 2018
- Apartment Therapy guest post
- Happy Event Interview
- Momtrepeneur Interview on Sugar & Vice
- KykNet VeranderDinge episode 2, advice on how to create the perfect home office space.
- The Home Channel – Home Made Easy Season 2 (3 episode inserts)
- Admarula Blogger of the month profile – October 2017
- Food & Home magazine – September blogger of the month feature
- Tuis / Home magazines office peg-board feature
- Baba & kleuter – January issue, confetti gender reveal party feature
- Food & Home – July issue, blogger profile
- Becoming you – Blogs bloggers read interview
- In Good Housekeeping mother’s day gifting ideas
- Burnett’s Boards – Florals & Frills styled wedding shoot feature
- Leef magazine – September issue, full interview and styled shoot.
- Burnett’s Boards – Marsala styled wedding shoot feature
- Hippo.co.za guest article
- Waardevol – Episode 10
- Waardevol – Episode 9
- Waardevol – Episode 5
- KykNET Dagbreek interview
- Wedding Album Magazine Blog
- Wedding Inspirations Magazine Winter/June Issue
- Wedding Friends – Glitterazzi Styled Shoot
- We Blog for Love – Blogger of the week
- Ideas + Idees magazines February Issue
- Rose Magazine August Issue