It is winter and if you like my family are battling with dry and flaky lips or if you are aspiring to live a more natural life then you HAVE TO try our Natural DIY Lip scrub recipe. Lips should be lush, soft, supple and kissable. Extreme weather can play havoc with our skin especially our lips so keep your lips soft and hydrated with this easy DIY lip scrub without Olive Oil.
This scrub also makes for a lovilee gift for someone special. You can have a look at finding containers online at Essentially Natural or you can upcycle or re-use old containers after cleaning them.
How to make lip scrub?
DIY lip scrub Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- 1 or 2 drops of essential oil (Optional)
- 1 drop of Food Colouring (Optional)
How to make lip scrub
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave.
- Add your honey, essential oils and food colouring. Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well (add more if it appears too slushy).
- Store in a small container.
- To use gentle rub some scrub in circular movements over your lips.
- Lick off or wash with cool water.
Some other Natural Living posts that you might like:
- Natural Car Air freshner how to?
- DIY scented closet stars
- How to make beeswax wraps the perfect cling film alternative
All images and styling by Lauren Kim Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.