When it was time for us to do our Whimsical little Christmas styled shoot we wanted to add a Christmas advent calendar. Liezel from Match Set Love always makes the best and most unique calendars for her family so I asked her to assist. She came up with the idea of re-purposing old food tins, covering them in cardboard, adding a vinyl number and decorating them with washi tape. She also designed cute lids for the tins that are available for download below.
What you will need for this upcycled food tin Advent calendar
- 25 empty food tins
- Cardboard in the colour of your choice
- Washi tape
- Vinyl numbers that you can purchase from Match Set Love Internationally or the Lovilee Shop in South Africa.
- Gifts for the inside of the tins
- 25 lids. Download the advent calendar lids printable here.
- Glue gun
- A pair of scissors
How to ‘build’ your advent calendar?
- Cut the coloured cardboard to size to cover the tins
- Using a glue gun, glue the cardboard onto the tins
- Decorate the tins with washi tape
- Add the vinyl numbering to the tins
- Fill each tin with a something special and place the printable lid on top
- Stack the tins in either a Christmas tree or any other way you prefer
- Open a tin each day from 1 December till Christmas day!
Thank you to Lauren Kim Photography for the lovilee images that she took for us.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.