What to do when you reach the age where there are too many candles for the cake? Yup, there is a certain age where it becomes quite time consuming to add all of the candles to the cake. I think that this age varies for each of us, but we reached it this year at 38 – I came up with the perfect DIY solution.
I am in the fortunate position that both hubby and I turn the same age every year, so we can make use of this nifty Birthday DIY twice per annum, saving ourselves loads of time.
What you will need for this birthday DIY
- A piece of timber, I found a beautiful discarded piece of wood that I used. The size approximately 0.5m wide and nice and high, around 7cm.
- An Electric Drill and drill bit the size of your candles.
- Candles, same amount as your age (or younger 🙂 ) I purchased mine at Game.
- A lighter to light the candles, I would advise that you get an extra person to help light from the other side.
How to create the perfect DIY celebratory candle stand
- I would not measure the candles out exactly as I think that they need to be randomly distributed, so just start drilling making sure that you keep count. The holes should be around 1-1.5cm deep.
- Carefully twist your candles into the holes.
- Place the beautiful stand in the middle of the party table or in front of the cake. And light the candles!
Then all you need to do from here is to ‘get the party started’! And next year you just add an extra hole and extra candle.
PS: Here with some great and easy party recipes to get you inspired further.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.