KAMERS/Makers Irene took place at a brand new Pretoria venue – Cornwall Hill College. This show was the biggest event to date with over 200 artisan crafters. Each of the tickets included a limited edition KAMERS/Makers shopper bag, new magazine as well as a Consol Glass Curvy glass bottle to refill at Bluewater’s purified water stands.
We’re not into the perfectly made or the mass produced – it’s about high end true craft, slightly imperfect, timeless and originally designed… that special something that is only found at the show.
This years show was a stunner with plenty of clothing, jewellery, ceramics and decor stalls to swoon over. What I love each year about the KAMERS/Makers events are that there is literally nothing on show that is not worth buying or wanting! The food was delicious and the atmosphere inviting – a must in my annual calendar! You can view a complete list of the kamers vol Geskenke exhibitors here.
Some of my favourite at the KAMERS/Makers Irene event included
- Owl in the Moss with their beautiful entomology designs.
- Coffee at Basilei – DELICIOUS!
- Henriette Botha, a local jewellery designer that also presents amazing ring workshops (I attended one and it was totally worth it!)
- J & M Florals with their beautiful wreaths.
- Magda van der Vloed Studio with their ceramic planters.
- The Collaborative SA – The Collaborative is a bouquet of small South African designers. Find them on Instagram: @TheCollaborative_SA #TheCollaborative #TheCollaborative_SA
- Miss Milly – it is ALWAYS nice to see this happy person! Her sticker designs and various other stationary with a whimsical feel brings a smile and adds a touch of lovilee.
- Mocktails at Fehmz Mocktails – their watermelon flavour is my favorite!
- Native Decor with their pretty unique decor items.
- Twig & Fi – they have the most awesome printed fabrics and decor items!
Kamersvol Geskenke online shop
If you missed the event do not despair you can still visit the Kamers vol Geskenke online store which showcases a range of curated products that you will love! Their online shop was recently awarded Emerging Retailer of the Year at the 2018 SA Online Retailer of The Year Awards.
Save these Dates
The next event to take place is KAMERS/Makers Cape Town from 16 – 19 March 2019 at the Jan van Riebeeck High School in Kloof. The KAMERS/Makers 2019 Joburg edition takes place from 26 April – 1 May 2019 at St David’s Marist Inanda in Sandton, Johannesburg.
All of the images beautifully captured by Corlia Bredell from Lady & Wind Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.