Is it the curtains, the decor, the perfect bed or bedside tables or the paint color that matters most when it comes to a beautiful room? One of the words that I have stumbled across more and more is the word ‘Hygge’. It is a Danish word that describes the feeling of coziness and contentment evoked by simple comforts, as being wrapped in a blanket (source). In my mind this is the feeling that I aim to evoke in my bedroom. A place where I can feel safe and cosy making me well-rested for the day ahead.
My must-have items for any bedroom are:
- A bed, it is after-all a bedroom!
- Curtains, and preferably block out curtains.
- Pretty and functional bedside tables for books, storage or just a cuppa Joe.
- Adequate lighting, that includes bedside lamps.
The items that bring life and personality to a bedroom:
- Choosing the right paint color for your room. Think dark and cosy, light and airy, colorful – this will set the tone for the decor elements that you select.
- A rug for added cosyness or Hygge. I love having a rug in my room, it is nice to just sit and relax on and in winter it definitely warms the room.
- Bedding that includes comfortable linen, and either a pretty outer duvet cover or throw, or even both to add some layering to your space.
- Art, whether it is in the form of a wallpaper, one large artwork or a collection of smaller ones. I personally like the use of quotes that I mostly purchase online and frame myself.
- Pretty scatter cushions, you will know which ones are perfect when you lay your eyes on them!
- A mirror, either at a dressing table to apply your makeup or a full length will do.
Now… The best kept secret to a beautiful room
No matter what you do to the decor in your room, without a good nights rest on a good mattress, nothing you do in your room will be appreciated. Start shopping for good mattresses on the Sealy Posturepedic website and make sure that you follow these expert mattress care instructions to get the best out of your mattress.
This post is sponsored by Sealy
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.