Today I get to share this Yummy Easter hot cross bun recipe with you. With Easter just a few sleeps away, there is still some time for you to put on your oven mittens and get baking. Last week we shared some really cute chocolate egg nests that you might to try and make as well, they are sure to be a hit for the kids.
Hot cross bun recipe
- 20g Citrus Peel or Glazed Peel
- 250g Warm Milk
- 500g Cake Flour
- 2 Tsp of Salt
- 70g Melted Butter
- 45g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Packets of Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 100g Raisins
Hot Cross Ingredients
- 80g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 60g Water
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Put in a small bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute to melt the sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius,
- Warm milk in a saucepan and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl and knead for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and leave it in a warm area to rise for 1.5 Hours.
- Cut and shape into dinner rolls and place close together on a greased baking tray.
- Place tray in a warm area and let rise for another 25 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cross and pipe onto the buns.
- Place into to the oven to bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
- As soon as you take the buns out the oven brush the sugar glaze over the top.
- Serve them with melted butter and jam or even a dollop of cream.
What will you be serving your loved ones this Easter?