Mini Easter Chocolate Cake Nests – Easter is such a fun time for both kids and adults alike and I am always on the look out for some unique Easter recipes. Why not treat your guests with these delicious Easter Chocolate Cake Nests?
Easter Chocolate Cake Nest Recipe
- 4 Egg Whites
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Whisk egg whites with one teaspoon of baking powder until stiff.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks, vanilla, oil and water together.
- Add the castor sugar to the yolk mixture and beat well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and remaining baking powder (2 teaspoons) together.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yolk mixture.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture slowly.
- Pour into two greased tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Chocolate Butter Icing
- 100ml of Soft Butter
- 2 Cups of Sifted Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
- Beat the butter until soft and pale.
- Add the icing sugar slowly while beating the butter.
- Add the Cocoa.
- If the mixture is too thick/dry add a bit of milk drop by drop till you get a nice thick consistency.
To Assemble these cute Easter treats
You can either make one large cake by icing the middle and putting them on top of one another and then icing around the cake or you can use a circular cookie cutter and cut a circular piece of cake out of the one layer and ice those separately.
Using a flat knife or spatula gentle ice the cake and decorate with sprinkles straight away to ensure that they stick to the icing. Decorate with Marzipan or speckle eggs.
Have you started planning your Easter menu and decorations as yet? Why not download these watercolor Easter printable tags by Lieflingkind Design.
Images and recipe by Lauren Kim Food Photography
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.