Regardless of whether you are a fan of gifts in a jar or not, this gorgeous Mothers day DIY cookie jar will have you oo’ing and aaa’ing and definitely score you some points! Sometimes deciding on Mothers day gifts can be a challenge, but this is a gift idea that every mom will love. To make a great gift for a sister or friend, simply leave the Mothers Day tag off and decorate with a pretty bow or ribbon.
Even if I live to be a hundred and twenty, I will never be able to find the right words to thank my mother for everything she’s done for me, for raising me with so much love and for teaching me about life in a way that only she can. She truly is a big & irreplaceable part of my life. With mother’s day just around the corner, there is no better way to spoil the most special lady in your life than with breakfast in bed, running her a warm bath (see our lavender body scrub DIY) and giving her something sweet to enjoy later. Here with some free Cookie Jar printables & DIY tutorial for Mothers Day.
Over at Lieflingkind we’ve created this lovilee Choc Chip Cookie recipe but there are numerous cookies in a jar recipes available on-line. There is nothing better than freshly baked biscuits straight out of the oven with just enough decadence to make it (almost) too good to share.
Download the mothers day printables in black, coral, tiffany or citrus here.
What you will need
On the outside
- 1 Litre Consol Jar
- Labels printed on thick paper
- A pair of Scissors
- Glue gun
On the inside
- Chocolate chips
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- ¾ Cup of brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
How to put the Cookie jar together
On the outside
- Print the labels at home, or take them to your local print shop and have them printed on thick paper. The paper size is A4, so you should have no problem printing at home.
- We’ve created a black set that you can print on Kraft paper if you prefer a textured look.
- Tie a piece of your ribbon around the belly of the jar & keep a piece for the Mother’s Day tag.
- Using your scissors, cut along the edges of the labels & paste to the Consol Jar using your glue gun.
- We created Cookie Mixture labels for the front of the jar & the lid, and baking directions for the back.
- Use your ribbon to tie the Mother’s Day tag to the neck of the lid, after you’ve inserted the ingredients.
For the inside cookie jar mix
- Layer your ingredients carefully as shown in the image above. If you struggle, you can make a paper cone by folding a spare piece of paper & pouring the ingredients down the cone into the jar.
- Fill the jar with chocolate chips & close the lid firmly.
- We used dark chocolate chips, but you can substitute it for your mom’s favourite kind, or replace with nuts for a healthier option.
I hope that you loved this mason jar cookie mix. If you would like some more Mothers Day ideas have a look at our suggestions for a breakfast in bed.
Wishing you all a Happy Mothers day!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.