When Prominent Paints invited me to participate in the 50 shades freed challenge I was in! They sent out some paint vouchers to various bloggers that we could spend on GREY ONLY paint. Anyone that knows me knows I am a HUGE grey fan… Or just visit my Instagram feed and you will see…
We have a small flatlet that we were not sure what to use for. It is the perfect place for a table tennis table and man cave, but I also want a place that I can create a big craft mess and just shut the door behind me. This is ideal for pprojects like mosaicing for instance where I don’t want the kids to get involved or play with the small shards of glass.
My husband and I decided to compromise. Create a craft room space where I could workshop or craft or do whatever but where he could still set up the table tennis table if need be. The table that I added to the space is sooo much better than the fold up legs of the table tennis table so we can now let the table rest on top of this table and there is still ample space to move around…
I kept the space quite clean from art that could be knocked off by ‘the boys’ and that might also not be their taste. This also gives me the freedom to up or downstyle as I wish.
Some tips on how paint straight lines
- Staright line painting ONLY works well on smooth walls, else bleeding will occur.
- NEVER measure the same distance from the floor. I soon realised that the floor in my studio space is uber wonky. You can measure the distance from the floor and make marks on the wall as guidelines, but the idea is to always get the line level.
- I started with a mark 1200mm from the floor and then used a level to mark more guidelines approximately 500-600mm apart.
- Using masking tape (or washi) ‘connect’ the guidelines together. This will enable you to paint either above or below the line with a different colour.
- Paint the 2 layers as indicated on the paint tin allowing the adequate drying time inbewteen.
- ALWAYS remove the masking tape when the second layer is still dry, if you wait till the paint has dried completely you will peel away some of the paint as well.
Do you have a place that you can do stuff?! What do you think of my new studio space? Who knows… I might even start hosting some creative monthly workshops that I might tell yous about in future!
If you’d like to make use of the same grey that I had mixed the colour code is W-PKC=33.75 W-POG=37.50 W-PYI=40.00.
Disclaimers and Disclosures
I received a paint voucher from Prominent Paints to complete this paint challenge.
See my patio revamp that I also did in collaboration with Prominent paints. The paint still looks amazing and our whole house exterior is now painted in the same colour as what I used for the patio. (see my obvious obesssion with GREY)
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post according to my disclaimers and disclosures, but as always my honest opinion.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.