I am so impressed with myself that my advents calendar this year was not a rush job even though this Advent Calendar can be made in under 2 hours. I made this advent calendar as part of the Merry & Bright styled Christmas shoot.
What is an Advent calendar?
An Advent calendar is a special calendar used to count the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas. Since the date of the First Sunday of Advent varies, falling between November 27 and December 3 inclusive, many Advent calendars, especially those that are reusable, often begin on December 1. (source)
What you will need to make an Advents calendar?
- Gift wrapping paper or white A4 copy paper (I combined these to make 12 from each)
- 1-24 Advents Calendar retro style numbers available from the lovilee shop
- Small vinyl flags, also available from the lovilee shop
- A pair of scissors
- Paper glue or adhesive tape
- A ruler
- Washing pegs or string to hang your gift bags with
- Something to attach your gift bags to, I used this small grid wall
How to fold a gift bag from almost anything
- Cut a rectangular piece of paper, I used a 20cm x 25cm piece using a pair of scissors. Fold the paper in 3 pieces to make a ‘Seam’ at the back that you stick closed with adhesive tape.
- Fold the paper over at the bottom to create a base for your bag, approximately 1/4 of the bag.
- Fold the bottom down again and proceed by folding the the two ends inwards as shown in the image below.
- Fold the bottom point upwards.
- And similarly fold the top point down and fix it together with clear adhesive tape.
- Fold the top down to create an enclosure for whatever you will be putting in the bag, approximately 2-6cm from the top.
- Decorate the gift bag by either using your own decor elements or the ones your purchase from the lovilee shop.
- Top en the gift bag, carefully slide your hand inside the pocket to create a 3D gift bag.
Use as many or as little colors as you like.
Hang the gift bags in order from or on something.
If you are looking for more advents calendar ideas and inspiration, have a look at this round-up of best advents calendar DIYs and printables.
Images by Andrea Caldwell for lovilee.co.za
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.