If you want to try a new dish, this swiss rosti recipe might just be it. A quick and easy recipe that you can make in under an hour. Whilst you can decide on your own ingredients as filling we share a Bacon, Rocket and Tomato Rosti recipe version today. This Rosti can be eaten for any meal of the day, breakfast, lunch or as a light supper.
What is rosti (rösti)?
According to Google – Rosti is a Swiss dish of grated potatoes formed into a small flat cake and fried.
Bacon, Rocket and Tomato Rosti recipe
Serves 8 | Time: 30 minutes
- 1 glug of sunflower oil, for frying
- 2 packets streaky bacon
- 350g halved cocktail tomatoes
- 100g rocket
- 1 dash of salt & pepper to taste
For the rosti
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 7ml fresh thyme
- 10m salt
- Preheat oven to 90 degrees celcius.
- Toss rosti ingredients together in a colander and rinse.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to drain excess moisture, then transfer to a bowl.
- Gently press half cup measures of the potato mixture into rounds to form 1cm thick rostis.
- Heat 1cm oil in a frying pan and fry rostis for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Keep warm in the oven.
- Cook the bacon in the non-stick pan until fat renders and becomes crispy.
- Fry tomatoes until they become soft. Season.
- Arrange rostis on a platter and top with rocket, bacon and tomatoes.
- Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche.
All of the images and food styling done by Lauren Kim Food Photography.
If you like easy to make recipes that that the whole family will enjoy, why not try this Osso Bucco with Risotto Rice recipe.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.