This Banana Pecan Muffin recipe is surprisingly easy and quick to make. It took me probably around 7 minutes so I waited for the oven to preheat instead. My tip would be to use overripe ‘mushy’ bananas. Easy to mash but it gives you an instant “banana” taste and flavour. Try to do most of the mixing by hand. Be careful to use the electrical attachment as that will break up the bananas and pecans too much. I preferred to whip, fold and mix the batter by hand.
I then added passion fruit pulp to the mix and also crushed pecans. It does help that we have a pecan farm here in the Northern Cape, South Africa. So many more pecan recipes to be made…
Banana Pecan Muffin recipe
Preparation time: 7 – 10 minutes | Baking time: 15 – 20 minutes | Servings: 6 large muffins
- 60g Butter, softened
- 150g Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 30ml Passion Fruit Pulp
- 150g Cake Flour
- 7ml Baking Powder
- 2ml Salt
- 50ml Milk
- 2 Large or 3 small overripe bananas
- 50g Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease and prepare a 6 tray muffin pan.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together until creamy.
- Add one egg, whisk into the batter and then add the pulp. Mix until well blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the mix then fold gently.
- Add the milk, bananas and pecans. Mix until combined.
- Spoon into the moulds and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. The muffins tend to brown quicker due to the sugar content of the fruit in them. Guard the baking process carefully. Remove when the muffin is firm to the touch.
- Serving the muffins while they are still warm is delicious, otherwise allow them to cool and dust with icing sugar.
Images La Petite Patisserie
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.