So the cold has hit us big time here in Jo’burg, but it brings the perfect weather for something hot! Why not treat dad to this delicious Chilli Con Carne Recipe for father’s day on Sunday? A meal fit for a King!
Chilli Con Carne Recipe
inspired from a Jamie Oliver Recipe
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots (peeled and chopped into pieces)
- 2 Sticks of Celery (chopped)
- 2 Red Peppers (de-seeded and chopped into cubes)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 500g Mince
- 1 heaped teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tin of Chickpeas (drained)
- 1 Tin of Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 2 Tins of Tomato
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- Saute the onions in the olive oil until soft.
- Add all the vegetables and the garlic and cook for 5 minutes (stirring to ensure it does not catch).
- Add the spices and stir.
- Add the all the beans and the tomato and stir well.
- Add the mince to the mixture and stir well.
- Cook for an hour on a low heat with the lid askew to ensure the steam can escape – make sure you stir occasionally so the mixture does not burn.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir well.
- Serve hot with guacamole, plain yoghurt and coriander accompanied with basmati rice.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.