Photographer, Amanda Boonzaaier spoils us with a lovilee rustic table setting with a cold cucumber and avo soup recipe by Nicky Brecher, winner of the 2012 ‘Toptientuiskokke’ competition and author of Boeresjiek. Nicky decorated this outdoor table that is perfect for even a Christmas lunch. I just loved the desert roses and crochet details.
Cold cucumber and avo soup recipe
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 500g cucumber, peeled, diced into pieces with the pips removed
- 2 medium avocados, peeled without the pip
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2ml cumin
- 375 ml fullcream yoghurt
- 15 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml basil leaves, finely chopped
- 15 ml mint leaves, finely chopped
- Lemon juice to taste
- Place the onion and cucumber in a food processor till fine. Put half the mixture aside.
- Add the avo, garlic, cumin and yoghurt.
- Pulp till fine. Add the olive oil to the mixture whilst still in the processor. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper, as well as spices, to taste.
- Add some lemon juice to taste as well.
- Add the mixture that was put aside back.
- Place in the fridge for at least three hours to allow the flavours to mix. (The mixture can be thinned by adding water afterwards)
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.