Creating your own pretty fabric covered hangers literally only takes 10 minutes. The make for pretty storage in cupboards and a set makes for a great gift. It is also great use of all those off-cut pieces of fabric that you might have.
I suppose I have my eyes peeled for pretty hangers as my other business is mostly creating hangers over on www.weddinghangers.co.za. I found these hangers that were used as part of a display at the Chinese market and asked whether I could purchase some. They look like plastic but are actually hollow aluminum hangers!
What you need?
- Wire, aluminum or plastic hanger
- Double-sided tape
- Cut or tear the material into long strips, you don’t need much for the hanger. My pieces were 1.5cm in width and about a meter long.
- Stick double-sided tape to the hanger. You only have to add one strip on either side of the hanger.
- Starting below the ‘neck’ of the hanger, wrap the material all around until you end at the top of the hanger.
- Make use of double sided tape (or a glue gun) to stick the last pieces of material together and end it off nicely.
Is this an easy-to-do tutorial or what?
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.