Childhood memories consist of eagerly awaiting all day to open that window in your Christmas advent calendar and enjoy the chocolate treat inside! This date night advent calendar is a take on the traditional kids advent calendar. Enjoy the holiday month with a couple diy advent calendar.
All you need for this adult advent calendar is
- 25 envelopes or candy bags
- Date night ideas, we share a list lower down on the post to get you started
- A few stickers with numbers or a marker pen (or print out our Scandinavian style advent calendar)
- A hanger or hook set
- A punch
- Some string
How to put this date night advent calendar together?
- Number your envelopes from 1-25. Have fun decorating them with washi tape, glitter or anything else that you love.
- Print or write 25 date night ideas.
- Seal the envelopes.
- Punch a hole through the envelope and tie the one end of the string to the envelope and the other end to the hanger. Repeat this for all 25 envelopes.
- Enjoy opening them everyday and spending quality time together.
NOTE: Write down which date night was placed in which envelope to ensure you know what’s happening during December.
Why not split the date nights so that half of them are a surprise for you.
Here with some date night ideas that we put together for you:
- Make dinner together
- Go bowling
- Watch a movie
- Get dressed up and go for cocktails
- Drink coffee in bed
- Have a picnic
- Play a board game
- Order takeaways
- Go for a romantic stroll
- Ice Christmas cookies
- Visit the beach
- Have a face mask day
- Eat cereal for dinner
- Have a braai
- Give each other a foot massage
- Make a fort
- Swim in the pool
- Go listen to live music
- Eat dinner by candle light
- Have a pancake competition
- Visit the botanical gardens
- Enjoy a spa day
See our DIY advent calendar post round-up here for some more inspirational Christmas Advents calendar ideas.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.