Make your own nourishing DIY body butter by following the body butter recipe below and treat your skin to chemical-free moisturizing and protection. This body butter only makes use of four key ingredients. It is really easy to make. This body butter melts into your skin on contact ensuring that our skin is hydrated and nourished from the inside. Add the essential oil of your choice to fragrance the body butter and add some benefits to your skin routine. See below for some help on what essential oil to chose.
Orange Essential Oil
- A natural antibacterial (good for spotty skin)
- Anti-inflammatory for sore muscles
- Mood booster = happiness
Lavender Essential Oil
- Assists with sleep
- Helps fight dry skin with its hydration properties
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Helps release tension
- Gives you an energy boost
- Good for treating oily skin as it balances oil production.
DIY Body Butter recipe
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 10 Drops Essential Oil
Step by step instructions
- Add the first four ingredients to a double boiler. Melt all the ingredients together.
- Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Place in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours, until the mixture is cool and starting to solidify (just starting – not until its solid.)
- Add your essential oil to the mixture. Using electric beaters and beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Store in a glass container and use often.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.