Still struggling to put together the perfect valentines’ day meal for that special someone? Sharing the best Flammkuchen recipe with Figs and Tomato. I first had a taste of this delicacy when I attended the Kamersvol Geskenke event at The Castle in Cape Town last year. It is YUM!
Flammkuchen recipe with Figs and Tomato
Preparation: 10 minutes | Resting Time: 20 minutes | Baking Time: 15-20 Minutes | Serves: 6
- 500ml (2 Cups) All purpose flour
- 30ml Olive Oil plus extra to coat the baking sheet
- 10ml Salt
- 150 – 200ml Water
- 5ml Olive oil
- 150g Cream Cheese and extra to serve
- 1-2 Figs cut in slices
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 5ml Dried Basil
- Handful of micro leaves for decoration
- Dried or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper and salt, grinded, to taste
Optional extra toppings: Add sliced onion, garlic, thin slices of mushroom.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C. Prepare a baking sheet by brushing it with olive oil.
- Prepare the base by combining the flour, olive oil, salt and a little bit of the water in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water a bit at a time until it becomes smooth and workable dough. Do not add everything at once.
- Coat the inside of the bowl with a small amount of olive oil. Add the dough and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the figs and tomatoes by slicing it thinly. Cream the cream cheese until soft.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape (traditionally), or into a circle. Place the base onto of a prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the base. Scatter the figs and tomatoes and sprinkle the leaves, parmesan cheese, basil, salt and black pepper before placing it in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on 230°C or until light brown.
- If you want to, add dollops of cream cheese before serving it to your guests.
Images and Flammkuchen recipe by Our Recipe Journal.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.