There are plenty of sunny, summers days left and we share a Grilled Eggplant with Figs and Cream Cheese Recipe by Nicolette from La Petite Patisserie that is perfect for a light summers lunch. All of the images are by Western Cape based, Yolande Marx Photography.
Grilled Eggplant Recipe with Figs and Cream Cheese
- 3 Large Eggplants
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tub (230g) of Cream Cheese
- 1 Leek, sliced
- 2 Figs, sliced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- 8 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1Tbsp Sugar
- Yellow en red peppers
- Cut three large eggplants in halve, and place them in a preheated oven of 150℃.
- Brush olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper over each.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned and cooked.
- In the meantime, place the cherry tomatoes in a saucepan and brown with olive oil.
- Add the sugar, balsamic vinegar and simmer on medium heat until sugar has caramelized and the sauce is reduced.
- Place spoonful tomato mixture over each cooked eggplant. Cut figs into thin slices and garnish with dollops of cream cheese as well as finely sliced leeks.
- Fromage de Chevre
- French Onion Soup
- Rack of Lamb In a Herb Crust
- Mushrooms a la Greque
- Provençal New Potatoes
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.