Whether you are throwing a dinosaur party or just looking for a easy weekend project, this Dinosaur DIY cake stand is for you! I really wanted to make a cake stand using a bear, but alas, did not manage to find a plastic bear anywhere, so I thought a dinosaur was the next option.
What you will need?
- A small side plate or saucer
- A plastic dinosaur or animal of your choice that stands upright by itself
- A pair of sharp scissors
- A can of Rust-Oleum spray paint that can be used on plastic
- A drop sheet or piece of similar item that you can use to spray paint on
- Superglue or Epoxy
- Toothpicks or skewers to apply the glue with
How to make the Dinosaur DIY cake stand
- Start by either cutting the dinosaur in half or mine actually came apart by pulling the top from the bottom.
- The next step is not very scientific. You need to start cutting of bits of the dinosaur until the top and the bottom of the dinosaur holds the plate level. Rather keep the excess pieces as the might come in handy to level the dinosaur in the end.
- Place the plastic animal on the drop sheet and spray paint the animal using the can as per the instructions on the back of it.
- Using the glue or epoxy and the toothpicks apply the glue to the dinosaur to stick it to the plate.
- Add your treat and throw a party!
Thank you very much to Melanie Wessels Photography who took these amazing images.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.