Winter is in full swing and what better way is there to stay warm than to spoil guests with this Leek, Spinach, Ricotta and Pesto Quiche recipe.
Leek, Spinach, Ricotta and Pesto Quiche recipe
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup of Sauted Mushrooms in 1 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 2 Cups of Baby Spinach
- 1 cup of Ricotta
- 4 tablespoons of Pesto
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- Coarse salt and freshly grounded pepper
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Saute leeks in butter until soft.
- Add the spinach and saute.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, cream, ricotta, pesto, parmesan and parsley.
- Add the spinach and leeks to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a 9 inch pie pan with melted butter.
- Unroll phyllo, remove one sheet, placing in prepared pan.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on the whole sheet of phyllo (this allows the pastry to be full of buttery flavour and to crisp up and become beautiful and golden).
- Repeat with 7 more sheets of phyllo, buttering between each layer.
- Spoon the eggy mixture into the pan.
- Bake until golden brown and until the mixture is set, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.