Today I get to share a delicious Cold cucumber soup recipe with you to add that WOW factor to your summer entertaining menu. Cold soups make for the perfect entrée for a summer get-together with friends or family.
Cold cucumber soup recipe
- 2 cups of English Cucumber – Peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion – fully diced
- 1 packet of Chicken Noodle soup
- 2 Sticks of celery finely chopped
- 1 small cup of cream
- 1 cup of milk
- Chopped Parsley (to garnish)
- Saute the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the cucumber and the celery together and saute until these are soft (do not rush this step, it is important to have them very soft).
- Add the packet of soup and half a cup of water.
- Simmer until the dried soup is cooked.
- Liquidise the mixture until smooth (it will resemble a porridge consistency).
- Leave in the fridge to cool adequately before serving (this mixture can be made up to two days in advance).
When you are ready to serve the soup you can mix in both the milk and cream. Serve the cucumber cold soup sprinkled with parsley, this will add a touch of pretty as well as flavour to this already delicious dish.
Why not pair this delicious cold cucumber soup entrée with an African-feel leg of lamb? See the recipe in this link.
All images by Western Cape Based, Lauren Kim Food Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.