DIY paper monstera tutorial has to be one of my favourite DIY’s for my dollhouse to date. It is a tiny piece of pretty that sparks big joy and not difficult to make at all. All you need is a Cricut Smart Cutting Machine (have a look at where you can purchase one in SA on The Wholesaler’s website) and the .svg download file below. If you have not popped over to my small passion project online store – visit The Tiny Dollhouse South Africa.
Download the FREE for personal use ONLY Delicious Monster .svg file here.
What you need for this DIY
- Green card stock for the leaves
- Green florist wire
- A Cricut Smart cutter
- A pipe cutter and some copper pipe or a small vessel to place your Monstera in
- A glue gun
- A pair of scissors
How to make a miniature paper dollhouse plant?
- Using the pipe cutter, but your copper pipe to size.
- Snip the florist wire into pieces of around 3-4cm in length using a pair of scissors.
- Upload the .svg file to the Cricut Design studio and cut the leaves on the green cardboard using the fine point blade and light hold cutting mat (light blue mat). I resized my leaves to around 2cm in height to make this miniature plant.
- Secure each leaf onto a piece of florist wire using a drop of glue from your glue gun.
- Place each of the wires inside the copper pie at different heights each time and secure them with the glue gun. (You can alternatively use airdry clay in the copper pipe and just push them in.
- Bend and arrange the leaves.
Pure Sweet Joy also shared a beautiful DIY on how to make a miniature Fiddle Leaf Fig.
PS: This is a photo of me with the real deal Monstera in my home that I purchased from Plant.Pretti – the one that inspired me to create this SVG.
Thank you to Hello Love Photography for the beautiful images.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.