Spring is Here! What better way to have a garden party with family or friends and treating them to a delicious Pudding? We at La Petite Patisserie thought we’d share a Panna Cotta with Pineapple Jelly Recipe in celebration of Spring. Enjoy!
Panna Cotta with Pineapple Jelly recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Setting Time: 2 hours | Serves: 4
For the panna cotta
- 1 Tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 250ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- 25g sugar
For the jelly
- 1 Packet Pineapple flavoured Jelly (80g)
- 225ml Boiling water
- 225ml Cold water
- Prepare the gelatin by placing the cold water in a small bowl and sprinkling with gelatine while whisking with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes or until spongy.
- To make the panna cotta, place the milk, cream, vanilla and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Wait a few minutes to cool a bit down and add the gelatin then stirring until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Prepare the Pineapple jelly by emptying the contents into a mixing bowl. Stir in boiling water until all gelatin granules is dissolved then add the cold water and mix well.
- Divide the pineapple mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool in the fridge for 1 hour. Add the Panna Cotta mixture to the already set jelly mixture and also place in the fridge for another 1 hour or until set.
- To serve, turn each panna cotta out onto a serving plate. Spoon over warm custard or garnish with a sprig of mint.
Images: La Petite Patisserie
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.