Petro Olivier, the lovilee behind Monoshop.co.za is a lover of Scandinavian Design. Thus the reason she started her online store. She has over time, transformed her home into a beautiful monocromatic masterpiece and when I saw the posts I wanted to share. We’d love to hear what you think of this lovilee home.
Living room transformation
This room was quite dark due to its small, obstructed windows. All of the windows were replaced with larger ones and a patio door was added. White blinds instead of curtains were added, for an uncluttered look. By doing this and painting everything white, they maximised the light coming into this room – a key feature to any Scandinavian-style space. This livingroom area doubles as a home office during the day. By mounting the TV above the desk, they saved a lot of space and added a lot more practicality to the room.
The driftwood in the corner actually happens to be my favourite part of this whole room because we picked it up on the beach, making it a piece of décor that is 100% unique. Plus, I love the natural feel it brings to the monochromatic space.
Get the look
- Monochromatic prints
- Pallet coffee table in antique white
- Chequered scatter cushion; beige scatter cushion; black scatter cushion; plus scatter cushion in beige; diamonds scatter cushion
- Hexagon shelves
Master bedroom transformation
They opted for a new coat of White paint that lightened the room quite a bit and added new Engineered ‘washed oak’ wooden floors. A new coat of paint was also used over the cupboard doors. The inner part of the doors wre Bamboo and it the white became an off-white colour that created a great feature. The old , floral-patterned porcelain knobs were replaced with new crystal ones, which would later complement the modern chandelier.
Get the look
- Chequered Bed Spread from Monoshop.
Bathroom before & after
The bathroom is just something I really liked abot this transformation. I am a huge fan of walls for a bathroom that are not tiled to the ceiling, giving you the option to play with colours and textures alike. The couple kept the lines clean and also opted for a monochromatic look to compliment the rest of their home.
Second bedroom / study transformation
The only two real changes to this room were the new flooring and the painting of the walls. I just love the industrial clothing rail from her range that she added as well as the triangular wall lamp above the bed.
Get the look
- Clothing rail from Monoshop
- Triangular wall lamp from Monoshop
- Oak wall hooks are by Muuto, previously available from Entrepo.
- Scarves as well as the brown leather bag are from Country Road.
- Beige shopper bag is from Jane Sews.
- Canvas bucket makes a great laundry basket and can be found on Monoshop.
- White top trestle desk from Monoshop.
- Cork Pin board from Monoshop.
- Minimalist Calendar from Monoshop.
- Play Play unit from DeSteyl.
- Dodecahedral terrarium from Cinderwood.
- Yay! banner from Zana Products.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.