This pink and purple smoothie bowl is just one of many healthy breakfast ideas that can get your morning off to a flying (and pretty) start. The food trends at the moment are all about colour and healthy choices. The unicorn and mermaid trend are huge and is also bringing the colour back into our lives. I just love how you can play with this fun trend while still producing healthy and nutritious food.
Smoothie bowl breakfast recipe
Ingredients for the bowl
- Plain white yoghurt
- Half a cup of Blueberries
- Half beetroot finely chopped (Do not worry about the beetroot – it does not overpower the dish. Here is how you can make your own smoothie bowl.)
- Chia Seeds
- Flaked Almonds
- Fresh fruit
- To create the pink yoghurt blend half a cup of white yoghurt with the sliced beetroot into a smooth consistency. (Set the mixture aside)
- To make the purple yoghurt blend the fresh blueberries and half a cup of yoghurt together till it is smooth.
- Mix the pink and purple yoghurt together without blending the two mixtures completely in a breakfast bowl of your choice. Garnish the mixture with seeds, nuts and fresh fruits like cherries or blueberries.
You can also sweeten the dish with a drizzle (or two) of honey to suit your taste buds. in addition to the garnish suggestions above, why not add some editable flowers or even mint leaves that is sure to add a dash of lovilee to your breakfast bowl?
If you like this recipe and have little ones in the home, take a peak at our unicorn toast (or rainbow toast) breakfast recipe for a healthy, nutricious and colourful option to spoil them with. See the recipe in this link.
All of the images and food styling by Lauren Kim Food Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.