The cutest sock bunny DIY – This year we are all about getting creative on a budget. The kids will love this DIY sock bunny whether for Easter or Christmas or all year round! Bunnies are soft and cuddly and evoke happiness. These weighted (due to the rice) sock bunnies are great for little babies to play with, or can be used as a book rest or alternatively just look totally pretty on a shelfie. Just think what awesome favours they would make at a bunny themed baby shower?!
All you need for this DIY sock bunny is
- An old sock to upcycle (or a new one if you prefer)
- A bag of rice to fill bunny up
- Some string
- Needle and Thread
- A pair of scissors
How to make this totally cute sock bunny DIY
- Place a minimum of 1 1/2 cups of rice into your sock (depending on the size bunny you would like).
- Tie a piece of string tightly above the rice. (Ensure that the string is as close to the rice as possible to ensure the bunny is tight)
- Add 3/4 Cups of rice and repeat step 2.
- Using a sharp pair of scissors cut the remaining piece of the sock into two and angle the corners into ears.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck and sew a face onto the bunny – you can use a few buttons or just thread.
- Display proudly on a shelf and enjoy.
What other diy sock animals would you love to see here on lovilee? Do you have a baby at home? You might also enjoy making these glitter sensory bottles.
All images and DIY by Lauren Kim Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.