With Valentines Day just a few sleeps away, some of us might have planned the day to a T, but others might be rushing to throw something together last-minute. We have some lovilee inspiration + a quick-and-easy recipe to serve for a Valentines breakfast.
Does this Berry Compote + Waffles not look just berrylicious? Remember that the way to a man’s heart is through his tummy!
Mixed Berry Compote
- 2 Punnets of Blueberries
- 1 Punnet of Strawberries
- 1 Punnet of Raspberries
- 1 Punnet of Blackberries
- [Alternatively 1 packet of Frozen Berries]
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat. Add your berries and lemon juice to the pan and coat evenly with the sugar, bringing them to the boil.
- Stir until all the sugar dissolves and bubbles start to appear on the sides of the pan. Add your rum or water.
- Cook for another minute or two. The longer you cook the mixture for the more the fruit will disintegrate. I love having a mixture of fruit that has held its shape – giving it a rustic look.
Serve the Berry Compote with vanilla/ plain Greek Yoghurt and Muesli or on Waffles.
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams sugar
- 250 grams self-raising flour
- 250 grams butter (melted)
- Separate the egg yolks and whites and put them in a bowl.
- Stir the egg yolks, while very gradually adding the sugar, flour and melted butter.
- Whisk the whites and fold them into the egg yolk-mixture.
- Grease the waffle-tin (you only have to do this once) and bake the waffles (size: 1 tablespoon) on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Transfer to a rack until cooled.
Then we also have a this lovilee tag for you to download as a printable here.
We’d love to hear what you have planned for Friday!
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.