Elmari from Cup and Cake baking shares a delicious Dream vanilla cake recipe with cream cheese icing. This cake was featured in our Pantone Dazzling Blue Christmas decoration styled shoot. You can also hop on over to this liink for some totally lovilee christmas printable tags and more stationery items.
Dream vanilla cake with cream cheese icing recipe
- 8 eggs, separated
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 350g castor sugar
- 300g cake flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Spray and line 4 x 22cm baking tins with baking paper.
- Beat the egg yolks and a third of the castor sugar until light and foamy.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the rest of the castor sugar while beating in 3 batches. Continue beating until the mixture is shiny and stiff.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Lastly, fold the cake flour into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the four tins and smooth each surface. (I weigh the total mix and then divide it into the four tins) Accuracy and smooth surfaces are key to an even rise.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Test with a skewer before removing from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cakes from the tines and placing on a cooling rack.
Cream Cheese icing ingredients
- 250g white margarine, room temperature
- 600g icing sugar (sifted)
- 350g cream cheese (a good quality)
- 320g icing sugar (sifted)
- Beat the margarine until light.
- Add the icing sugar and beat well.
- Add the cream cheese and beat again.
- Lastly add the icing sugar and beat well.
Assembling the vanilla sponge cake
- Sandwich the layers of the cake together when cool with the cream cheese icing.
- Spread a thin layer of the icing all around the sides and top of the cake and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese icing around the sides and top of the cake.
- Finish off with fresh blue berries (drain well if using frozen berries) and dust with edible glitter.
All of the images were taken by Duane Smith Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.