Looking for a recipe to impress your better half, someone special or family this Valentines’ Day? We have it! A quick and easy White Chocolate & Pink Peppercorn Mousse Recipe, using a variety of berries (rasberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries) in season at the moment. Images: Lauren Kim Photography
White Chocolate & Pink Peppercorn Mousse Recipe
- Berries (rasberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 1/2t pink peppercorns
- 2T caster sugar
- 300g good quality white chocolate
- 100ml milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 egg whites
- 3T castor sugar
- In a pestle and mortar grind up the peppercorns with the 2 tablespoons of caster sugar until it s fine pink powder. Mix this with the berries and allow to macerate.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and milk together, then set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks, set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks and then add the 3 tablespoons of caster sugar slowly as if you were making meringues. Continue to beat until the mix is glossy, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- When the chocolate mixture is cooled (just off luke warm temperature), gently fold it into the egg white and cream. Mix this lightly so as to keep the air in the mix, and as soon as its incorporated, divide it up into your serving containers. Cover and refrigerate until set (this will happen fairly quickly).
- Top with a spoon of berries just before you serve.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.