I’ve wanted a Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker since I first saw it on Yuppiechef, but was a bit skeptical to be honest. They stated that this device was able to make ice pops in as little as seven minutes, on your kitchen top, without electricity! So how does it work? Magic! You place the unit in the freezer for 24 hours and thereafter you are ready to Pop! After three batches (that is 9 pops in the trio unit), you simply place it back in the freezer for another 24 hours and the fun continues.
Zoku’s importer for South Africa recently supplied lovilee with a tester unit and kit so that we can try it out ourselves and tell you lovilees about! I was genuinely surprised and excited beyond words…like a child opening a long awaited gift, I immediately placed the unit in the fridge and was it a long 24 hours!
After the unit was ready, I started playing around with fruit lollies at first, then with fruit pieces and then -a firm favorite of my husband- vanilla yoghurt centered berry fruit lollies. This is such an easy, yet sophisticated dessert to wow guests with – I do! They are all amazed.
What I love about the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker
- It’s quick and easy to get started (after reading the simple instructions!)
- Watching and anticipating to see and taste your creation is very exciting
- No more overnight waiting for something you have created – in 7 minutes, it is ready to be enjoyed
- You know what the ingredients are of your Pop – no preservatives or funny things, it is all in your control
- There is never a dull moment – there are thousands of ideas and receipes, I’m dreaming of a tiramisu pop…mmmm…!
- The reaction of guests watching you prepare pops, and having it ready in such a short time, is priceless!
- With a toddler wanting a yum-yum (often!), I can offer her a different treat every time round that is healthy and perfect for our warm climate, without having to wait ages or having to prepare it well in advance.
What I don’t love about the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker
Hmm, had to think about this, but there is truly nothing we don’t like about it!
I have tried various recipes and my opinion is that the Zoku Quick Pop™ Maker is not a gimmic neither a white elephant. It is a no-effort item, can be used forever (literally!) and you can let your imagination run wild! Over the next few weeks we will be sharing some of our favourite Zoku recipes and photos of the lollies that we have either created or tried ourselves. So stay tuned!
Photos supplied by Zoku!
This is a sponsored post as per our standard disclaimers and disclosures.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.