Easter is synonymous with chocolate and who can resist these white chocolate eggs? Today I share a recipe on how to make Chocolate Mousse Filled Easter Eggs. This chocolate mousse recipe is so easy to make and only uses three ingredients.
Chocolate Mousse Filled Easter Eggs
- 6 White Chocolate Eggs (Carefully cut the top of the eggs off with a sharp knife)
- 500ml Cream
- 2 Slabs of Dark Chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
- Put the cream, chocolate and vanilla essence into a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted into the cream.
- Turn the heat up until the mixture just about boils (but take it off the heat before it boils)
- Let the mixture cool and pour into a glass bowl and place into the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the creamy mixture from the fridge and using electric beaters beat the chocolate cream to stiff peaks.
- Place the mousse into a piping bag and pipe the mousse into the hollow chocolate eggs.
- Enjoy with family and friends.
If you liked this post you might also want to check out the Easter chocolate cake nest post we posted before.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography