Whether you are looking for a pretty reusable calendar or just enjoy doing DIY paint swatch crafts, this DIY calendar is a fusion of the two. With the Pantone color of the year 2019 announced as Living Coral we tried to think how you could easily add this to your own space. We chose to go with Paint swatches in the color range but you can literally make your own calendar in the colors of your choice. You might even want to change it every year.
You can choose to upcycle and old photo frame or simply purchase one that will stand the test of time.
All you need for your DIY calendar is
- A Photo Frame (with the glass intact)
- White Cardboard (the same size as the inside of the frame)
- Some Paint swatches (5 or so)
- Glue or double sided tape
- White Board Marker
How to make this reusable calendar
- Arrange your paint samples as you wish and then stick them onto a piece of white cardboard cut to the size of the frame.
- Close and secure the frame.
- Using a permanent marker write Monday to Friday (& weekends if you like) on the glass.
- Using the whiteboard marker (or permanent marker if you like) write the dates on the calendar.
- Write in your plans for the month.
- At the end of the month clean the numbers and plans off using a wet cloth and some acetone for the permanent marker.
All images and DIY by Lauren Kim Photography.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.