If you are someone (like me) for easy cake recipes this honey and almond cake recipe is for you! My husband and I have just started our gluten free journey and friendy Liezel from Match Set Love has been living gluten free for some time. She is the best at sharing easy gluten free recipes.
Liezel made this amazing Honey and Almond cake when I visited one day and I have her making it over and over again. It is just sooo good that I had to get the recipe and share it with you lovilees. It is truly a gluten / flour free recipe that is beyond tasty!
Honey and Almond cake recipe
Serves 6 | Bakes for 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup of whole almonds, toasted
- 3 egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of honey
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line the bottom of a wide loaf tin with baking paper
- Process toasted whole almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Combine the almonds with the honey until it becomes a thick paste, set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until stiff enough to hold peaks. Gently fold the eggs into the almond honey mixture.
- Sprinkle the batter with some sliced almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve this delicious dessert cold with greek yogurt or whipped cream and add some berries for colour.
Thank you to Lauren Kim Food Photography who baked, styled and photographed this article for me.
You might also enjoy trying this gluten free chocolate cupcake recipe.
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.