Chilled soup is such a great summer meal or even an appetizer to a meal. Today I get to share a delicious ‘green’ Chilled Cucumber & Kale soup recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups of Cucumber (Peeled and finely diced)
- 1 Medium Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Sticks of Celery (finely chopped)
- 2 Cups of Kale (Remove the stem & finely Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of brown onion Soup powder
- 1 Cup of Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the celery and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cucumber and kale and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the soup and powder and stir in well.
- Add the water and stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled with a splash of cream and finely chopped parsley.
Images: Lauren Kim Photography
Let's get socialInstagram: @lovilee_za
or subscribe to never miss out on any new articles in this link.